The cover of I Promise Not to Suffer gave me a lot to think about before I began reading. A pair of bare legs, cropped at the hip, peek out between a blue pleated skirt and a pair of worn hiking boots. All I could envision was a girly-girl too prim and proper to get dirty, afraid of ants or eating out of a pot. It’s a cute image, but turns out to be a bit misleading. And I’m thankful for that because I wasn’t interested in reading the story I was imagining. Instead I was treated to a superb read worthy of all the accolades and awards it has received to date.
Tag Archives: love
You are here: Home » love
About The Campsite
We share inspiring stories about inner journeys and outdoor experiences. Topping it off with gear reviews, book reviews, interviews with outdoorsy folks and dispatches from adventurous travel.
Adventure adventures Alberta Annapurna backcountry backpacking Banff Banff Mountain Film and Book Festival Banff Mountain Film Festival Banff National Park blog blogging book book review Books Calgary camping Canadian Rockies Canmore climbing discussion environment expedition Featured footwear gear Giveaway Hiking Inner Journeys Inspiration interview Kickstarter Lake Minnewanka linking Mountaineering mountain guide mountains nature Nepal Outdoor outdoors Patagonia Photography recipe review reviews rock climbing safety sharing ski Skiing Stoke the Fire The Banff Centre The Campsite Tips trail Travel trekking Website Women
- 5 Outdoor Blogs Worth Following April 12, 2011
- Top 5 Backcountry Campgrounds in Banff National Park May 9, 2013
- The Reverse Bucket List January 18, 2013
- Review and Giveaway: Scrubr Dishcloth and Trekr Self-Cleaning Travel Washcloth from Lunatec February 4, 2013
- Stoke the Fire 1.5 February 17, 2012
- Review: The Tower – A Chronicle of Climbing and Controversy on Cerro Torre, by Kelly Cordes – Patagonia Books January 24, 2015
- Meet Jen and Alannah, New Owners of The Campsite January 12, 2015
- The Campsite’s Top 10 Posts of 2014 December 21, 2014
- Review: Polygiene Treatment and WoolX Top December 11, 2014
- Interview with IFMGA Mountain Guide Jen Olson December 3, 2014