The cover of I Promise Not to Suffer gave me a lot to think about before I began reading. A pair of bare legs, cropped at the hip, peek out between a blue pleated skirt and a pair of worn hiking boots. All I could envision was a girly-girl too prim and proper to get dirty, afraid of ants or eating out of a pot. It’s a cute image, but turns out to be a bit misleading. And I’m thankful for that because I wasn’t interested in reading the story I was imagining. Instead I was treated to a superb read worthy of all the accolades and awards it has received to date.
Tag Archives: love
You are here: Home » love
About The Campsite
We share inspiring stories about inner journeys and outdoor experiences. Topping it off with gear reviews, book reviews, interviews with outdoorsy folks and dispatches from adventurous travel.
- 5 One-Pot Dinner Camping Recipes February 27, 2014
- Review – On the Edge: The Art of High-Impact Leadership February 20, 2014
- Win FREE Admission to the Calgary Outdoor Adventure and Travel Show February 14, 2014
- Finding a New Home in the Canadian Rockies February 10, 2014
- Ice Skating in Banff National Park: 7 Sweet Spots to Glide February 4, 2014
- 5 Outdoor Blogs Worth Following April 12, 2011
- The Reverse Bucket List January 18, 2013
- Stoke the Fire 1.5 February 17, 2012
- Top 5 Backcountry Campgrounds in Banff National Park May 9, 2013
- Finding Our Life Force in the Great Outdoors March 14, 2013
- Car dealerships in ma: Hey! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if...
- amg accounting services: Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a a...
- buy instagram likes in 24 hours: Hello! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'...
- The Best Campgrounds in North America |: […] The Best Campgrounds in North America [...
- Alaskan Road Travellers – Check Out Banff’s TOP 5 Campgrounds! |: […] Myosotis Lakes just beyond Deception Pas...
Follow Us on TwitterMy Tweets
Adventure adventures Alberta Annapurna backcountry Banff Banff National Park blog blogging blogs book book review Books camping Canadian Rockies Canmore childhood chocolate climbing coconut discussion Featured gear Giveaway Hiking Inner Journeys Inspiration interview Jim Davidson Kickstarter Lake Louise Lake Minnewanka linking Mountaineering mountains nature Nepal northern lights Outdoor outdoors passion Photography recipe review rock climbing safety sharing ski sports Stoke the Fire TerraCycle The Campsite Tips trail Travel trekking video Website wilderness Women