The Campsite recently asked members of the community Facebook page for their favourite non-fiction outdoor adventure books. From books about self-propelled pursuits to epic disasters and mysterious occurrences, here is the compilation of recommendations from our readers. Click on the first thumbnail to view a slideshow of our top picks and happy reading!
You are here: Home » Our Favourite Non-Fiction Outdoor Adventure Books
Author:Meghan J. WardMeghan J. Ward is an outdoor, travel and adventure writer based in Banff, Alberta. Her work has been published by a variety of magazines throughout North America, including IMPACT Magazine, Alpinist, Backcountry Magazine and the Canadian Alpine Journal. She specializes in creating marketing materials and web content for the tourism industry and beyond. You’ll also find Meghan in the Editor’s seat at Highline Magazine.
About The Campsite
Sharing inspiring stories about inner journeys and outdoor experiences. Topping it off with gear reviews, book reviews, interviews with outdoorsy folks and dispatches from adventurous travel.
- Review: Wild by Cheryl Strayed from The Hippie Triathlete November 25, 2013
- Review: Pakems – The Lightweight Packable Boot November 20, 2013
- Review: The Ultimate Survival Manual Canadian Edition November 12, 2013
- Cecilie Skog’s 4 Rules for Expeditions November 3, 2013
- Clean Canteen: Utensil Wipes Review October 29, 2013
- 5 Outdoor Blogs Worth Following April 12, 2011
- Stoke the Fire 1.5 February 17, 2012
- The Reverse Bucket List January 18, 2013
- Review and Giveaway: Scrubr Dishcloth and Trekr Self-Cleaning Travel Washcloth from Lunatec February 4, 2013
- Finding Our Life Force in the Great Outdoors March 14, 2013
- 6 Gift Ideas for Outdoorsy and Adventurous Parents | The Adventures in Parenthood Project: […] Gone: A Family’s Year-Long Quest t...
- luwuscamp: Wow..... great article, this is very useful inform...
- REVIEW: Pakems After Activity Footwear - EXPLORING ELEMENTS: […] The Campsite Blog […]...
- Poc: Great! I'll check them out! Thank you!...
- Meghan J. Ward: Thanks, Forrest! I haven't read it yet, as I menti...
Adventure adventures Annapurna Banff Banff National Park blog blogging body Books camping Canadian Rockies challenge climbing discussion Featured food gear Hiking Inspiration interview linking mountain Mountaineering mountains nature Nepal Outdoor outdoors Photography practise Pranayama recipe review Savasana sharing ski Skiing Ski Touring Stoke the Fire The Campsite Tips Travel Website Women writing